They may not be a lady, but these ladies are for sure crushin’ on this talented comedian!
Name: Shannon Noll
City: Chicago, IL
How many years? 11 or 4 years
Bio: Shannon Noll performs stand up all around Chicago. They are also a producer/host of We Still Like You, and cast member at The Lincoln Lodge, and a member of Baby Wine (The Annoyance). In the past Shannon has opened for Beth Stelling and Emma Willmann and written for The Koch Brothers Mystery Show (Cards Against Humanity).
1) Why did you start doing comedy? A lot of reasons, but I started taking improv classes because I watched Strangers With Candy and looked up how the people on the show got there and then just tried to do what they did.
2) What do you LOVE/HATE about doing comedy? I love catharsis and laughs. I hate sending booking emails and making social media posts.
3) Tell us about a time you BOMBED or was Heckled: Recently I did a show to a small, but lively audience in the suburbs. There was one very excited heckler who was a self-proclaimed hillbilly. The next day he was in the police blotter.
4) Who inspires you? (in comedy or not) Right now it’s all those people out there working to have new voices heard, whether that’s through telling their own story, or making space for someone else to tell theirs.
5) What’s your best/worst comedy memory? Worst was being forced to perform an improv show even though there was legit NO audience. (And of course all the sexism and harassment) Best has been anytime I’ve gotten to see/meet a comic I love and also great audiences. A long time ago I worked at the Second City 50th Anniversary party and I stared in awe at Rachel Dratch and then realized she was staring in awe at Eugene Levy. That was a very cool moment.
6) What’s the best advice you’ve received from another comedian/industry professional? You are enough.
7) What would you tell someone starting out in comedy? Do what excites you and do what scares you.
8) Do you have a pet or pets? Who are they? I have a cat named Ripley and a step-cat (he belongs to my roommate) named Crouton.
9) Who would play you in a movie? I would like Lou Ferrigno to play me.
10) Who is your favorite comedian? Got a million. Madeline Khan, Moms Mabley, Amy Sedaris, Tig Notaro and more